Monday, February 2, 2015

#3 (FINAL)

While they continued to fight, the clock from behind rang out. I turned to look and saw a... shape, a force without a stable image, as if it had none, emerge from the bowels of the door, which led much deeper than I could imagine. I fell back, tripping over the counter the old man used as a desk, with a feeling of complete and utter terror filling me to the brim. The player and the man had fallen still, staring at this... thing. The garden outside was retreating rapidly. I'd like to say I tried to help the man who saved me, I'd like to say I tried to contact the old man to warn him, but I am not that kind of person. I turned and broke through the glass sliding doors, running across the rapidly-retreating garden and into the forest. I could hear wails of... SOMETHING behind me and I dared not turn to look. I came eventually across a field and saw a shape in the distance. Without reason or thought, I ran towards it, to find a large shape made of wood and steel. It was shaped somewhat like man but it was not shaped like a man at all. It must have been nearly 30 meters tall. I ran into it through a small slot below. I'm waiting here for the force. I don't expect to make it out of this, I already feel the terror beginning to slowly reach me again. I feel, however, somehow, that this sanctuary I am in, while not able to help me make it out of this alive, will stop the force from doing something to me, something worse than death. I don't know what. I don't care. What I know is that while I'm here I'm safe from the worst, and I have nothing more to do than wait for the force (and oh, it's close, let me tell YOU) to arrive and show me what death is. I suppose I have nothing more to say.

Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment